Are You Ready to start Your Diving Adventure?
Visit Bali! Unlock the best diving sites you can ever imagine!
Diving in Bali, IndonesiaWith its sparkling blue seas, vivid coral reefs, and lively sea creatures, You can easily see why Bali, Indonesia is famous for one of the world’s best diving destinations. It doesn’t matter if our first or hundredth time diving. Bali has among the finest sites in the country. At every diving spot in Bali, you will explore the hull of a sunken ship, float through strong waves, or climb the sides of reef ocean walls. Any level of scuba diver will definitely appreciate the spectacular diving in Bali. For everyone at the beginner level, the best dive sites are near Padang Bay, Amed, and Pulau Menjangan, where the current is very light or non-existent. However, Bali has many more choices for experienced divers, including several drift dives across Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, and Candidasa. The stream can be hefty at times. Thus, many dive sites throughout Bali should be handled with caution and reverence. But, what is an adventure without a bit of challenge, right? Exploring all the diving sites of Bali would get you only the most fun experience in life. So, if you are looking for exotic oceans with an endless challenge, Bali is your perfect answer.
Explore Top 5 Diving Sites in BaliBali has more than meets the eyes when it comes to nautical tourism. Aside from beautiful beaches, you can also suit up and choose from dozens of diving sites. Here are the top 5 best diving sites of Bali you definitely want to explore:
1. USAT Liberty ShipwreckTulamben seems to be a small town on Bali’s north-eastern shore. The diving involves a 120 m sunken ship, reef garden, and a wall with a dunes hill. The black stones of fist-size can be difficult if waves exist. Being on the bay’s north-east coast, the water from the primary ocean stream flowing from the Pacific sea into the Indian Ocean is plankton-rich. Tulamben features an extremely complex aquatic ecosystem entirely different from other places you might have already known, in addition to the three prominent dive locations including Liberty Shipwreck. The Liberty is currently deemed the world’s third-best shipwreck dive. It is only 30 meters from the coast. This diving venue is ideal for both skills and beginner levels. The wreck is 9-30 m long; the shallowest portion of the wreckage, where it meets the sand road, is 5-10 m high. The depth along the wreck’s core is 16-20 meters. The lower part of the crash, i.e., the hill, is 20-28 m. The ruin is 120 meters deep, somewhat divided, but you can still see the pistols, toilets, boilers, anchor chains, etc. It is a beautiful diving spot, and maybe it is also the most accessible wreck to dive in the country. Often recognized as USAT Liberty, it stands for US Army Transportation.
2. Nusa PenidaIt is so great to dive around Nusa Penida! The ocean provides unique diving places where you can enjoy the famous and unusual Mola Mola, also called Oceanic Sunfish. The easiest time to find this is between August and October. The Mola Mola normally live quite deep (and thus not easily seen), but they come into shallow water throughout these months to wash their parasites. At this time, divers from around the globe come particularly for the Sunfish to Bali. It would be a wise decision to schedule your diving in advance since it can be very crowded.
3. CandidasaThe underwater activity in Candidasa is so awesome! The best dive spots are about Gili Baha, Gili Tepekong, Gili Selang and Gili Mimpang, four remote rocky islands. Most people suggest this is Bali’s most pleasant swim! Mainly because the visibility is always quite lovely. Often the temperature is a little cold; thus, a 3 mm bathing suit might be a smart choice to remain comfortable. These islands are known for their sharks, including several varieties, White and Black Coral Shark, the unusual Wobbegong Shark, and the odd Cat Shark. If you’re fortunate enough, you might even see a Hammerhead! The giant Mola Mola regularly visits this place in the right season. The reef is so lovely and safe.
4. Pulau MenjanganPulau Menjangan has a fantastic wall diving location with a perfect potential for deep diving from 10 to 55 meters. The diving walls are splendid, with incredible fans of the Gorgonian sea, sponges, and tiny caverns. Diving is often really enjoyable for the inexperienced in Menjangan. Particularly when the stream is stagnant and the clarity often is tremendous and even remarkable (50m+). Besides, you can safely dive about 10 meters deep on the coral flats. Underwater photographers have exceptional chances to take some fine images on the side walls as well as the vivid and lively hard and soft coral.
5. Padang BaiDiving is among the most acceptable activities you can experience in Padang Bai. The beach area is only a few kilometers from some really nice dive spots. Many of them are suitable for beginners or swimming. However, there are many more difficult places with excellent opportunities to spot coral sharks, numerous rays, coral fish, and great fishing schools. It’s a common destination for macro and underwater photography! They would be happy to dive throughout the Blue Lagoon at night. There you’ll find leaf scorpion trout, ghost pipes, sea horses, several unusual nudibranchs, frogfish, the famous dancer from Spain, and the rare Cat Shark or even Wobbegong! And all this you can find in cool, shallow water! About 200 meters away from the main resort, you can try to dive into the ferry channel. You’ll be stunned by the rich aquatic life! If you’re fortunate enough, that is now one of the locations where you could see the world popular sunfish, Mola Mola! Experience the warm water of Bali and get yourself a spot to enjoy its wonderful oceanic life!
How to start your diving adventures in Bali?You can start with three diving areas throughout Bali: – South of Bali (Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida) – East of Bali (Padang Bai, Tulamben, Amed, Candidasa) – North West Area of Bali (Sanur) Bali’s most famous dive spots are: – USAT Ship Wreck, the world’s most accessible shipwrecks to dive on! – To watch the glorious Manta Rays, Manta Point! – Crystal Bay, the perfect spot for Mola Mola! – A must-dive for every macro photographer, Hidden Bay in Gilimanuk! You can also begin the Liveaboard journey from Bali to discover the best destination around Northern Lombok and the famed Komodo Islands. Trips vary from a couple of days to 3 weeks. Bali offers a warm diving spot all year long. Water is about 29°C during the coldest months. Therefore you shouldn’t have to be too concerned when it is getting hotter! It is advisable to wear a 3mm complete outfit based upon how you intend to dive. Nusa Penida and Secret Bay have the coldest water, and temperatures can reach as low as 24°C! The drought in Bali takes place between April and October. Thus, the perfect time to dive is between May and November. April and May were the perfect opportunities for seeing Manta Rays. The best period or season to see the beloved Mola Mola is from August till October.
License up before you start diving!Diving license might come in handy when you want to venture along some of the best diving sites around Bali. Thus, it is such a wise idea to educate yourself around the topic before you start the thrilling underwater activities. Fret not! You can also get your license while visiting Bali. Pack with the most experienced instructors, you would learn to explore the deepest ocean in no time. Get to know things from how to prepare your wetsuit to all the safety measurements underwater! License up and experience your first aquatic wonder!
What is Blublub?Blublub’s digital platform specializes in nautical/ underwater adventures all over indonesia. Here, you can book the best diving and snorkelling trips. Founded by divers, you could expect to get an excpetional and unforgettable underwater experience. Blublub is a mix of both passion and innovation, rest assure, our community of experienced and professional dive centers are guaranteed in making your diving experience an unforgettable one.
We provide a new way to search for the best underwater experience in the most secure way. Therefore, you no longer need to worry about having to the nitty gritty of planning your diving trips solo. Blublub offers exclusive trips all over Indonesia’s archipelago, paired with secure transactions, seamless bookings and our local expertise, we’re here to make every part of your trip as enjoyable as it should be. Now, you can take part in our vast growing diving community. As we reach the top, you shall also be the first to experience the oceanic life like never before!